Saturday, December 12, 2009

Choices

I have demo teaching at 1PM.

I decided to leave early and be at the appointed place at 10AM. I bathed at 9:30AM. It's really nice. I do have ample time. When I was about to dress up, to my horror, I noticed that there was a hole in my pants. Panic struck me. Where will i get needle and thread?

At that moment, it dawned upon me that I had two options. First is to be rattled and point fingers at myself for not having check my pants the day before. Or thank God that I still have three hours to fix my pants. I decided to do the latter. :-)

I ran to the nearest 7-11 store and asked for needle and thread. The salesclerk pointed to a sewing kit which is really complete. I looked at the price. It's 30baht. Now, for a person who has a limited budget that is something. I was downhearted and kept thinking why are they selling it in such expensive cost. Right there and then it occurred to me that I do have two choices. To commiserate because of the price of the sewing kit or to appreciate that sewing kit is being sold at 7-11 which solved my problem. I chose the latter.

I hurriedly went home and started fixing my pants. While sewing the hole in my pants I can't help but ask why can I not buy my own clothes. You see, all my clothes are hand-me-downs. Mmmmm... I can possibly scorn myself for being so dirt-poor that I cannot even buy my own clothes... or... I can be thankful to God for giving me a sister and a brother-in-law who are so generous to give me used but beautiful and branded clothes. I opted for the last one.

Well, as you see I have decided to be happy and to look at positive things in life. :-)

No comments: