Sunday, July 29, 2007

Just Wondering

I just had my snack.
Jack and Jill's Cream-O cookies. The one I usually had when I was young. Wow! It's nice to remember the good old days. Those good old days that makes you feel something different. Aside, of course, from the fact that Cream-O is really delicious. Uhmmm... I noticed that I really crave for things that are made in the Philippines. Is this what we call homesickness?
The other week I saw Likas Papaya soap while in the grocery store intending to buy milk. I don't use Papaya soap. Any cheap soap is okay for me. But there is this undeniable and unxplainable feeling in me that dictates me to buy that soap. I still have three bars of Palmolive soap at home. In spite of that I still bought Likas Papaya and I gazed on the mark that says "made in the Philippines" several times.
Few weaks ago at around 10PM my two filipino friends drop by at my house. I just arrived from work and so I was dead tired. I thought of not opening the door and pretending to be asleep. Well, I had a second thought because I really miss those guys. They are my best buddies here in Cambodia.
Though what really made me happy when I saw them is the sardines that they brought. The sardines was made in the Philippines.
I don't know but I noticed that I do have a penchant now for things that are made in the Philippines.
Is it because I love my country more now? I guess so.
They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder.
And I am far from my beloved country now.
Khnom srolayng Philippines!

No comments: