Friday, June 12, 2009

Spiritual Dryness

I am reminded of Saul’s experience when “God departed from him”. I guess Saul was wanting to be near God. He tried to draw close to God. Though he felt that God had turned a deaf ear on him. Well, we know the reason. Sin separates us from God. This past few weeks I’ve tried to spend more time with God. Read His word. Talked to Him in prayers. But it seems the connection was not there. Of course, we should not depend on feelings.
I know that there is something wrong. I know for sure that my fellowship with God is not in the right tract.
Anyway, I’ve decided to be persistent in my pleadings to God. Even though the feeling is not there. Even though He seems so far away. I can only hope and pray that He will turn to me and hear my cry. I hope that the feeling will come back again.

No comments: