Monday, May 23, 2011

LMAO (Laughing My Ass Off)

Human relationships are very complicated. That is the very reason why psychology is not an exact science.



In my life I've been trying not to emotionally hurt others. However, I've unintentionally offended some recently. I apologized to them not because what I did was wrong. I've apologized to them because I've hurt their feelings.



I believe that all of us have to learn how to relate with others.



I am reminded of the lyrics of the song that says, "Baby... baby.. it's a wild world."



Yes, this is really a wild world.



Therefore, we also have to learn how to politely tell people to mind their "breaks". Sometimes it is needed to tell others to "stop".



I am reminded of the incident a month ago when I was told by a young lass to be careful of others. The young lass told me that I really should not easily trust people.



A person who I think is wiser reminded her that I am old enough to know what is right and what is wrong.



Part of my philosophy when it comes to relationship is that I should never, never tell others what to do unless they ask for my opinion. And even if they asked for my opinion I sometimes tell them that I can't decide for themselves. (My leaning is towards non-directive counseling.)



What I usually do is just to give others a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. Basically, I just try to help them process their feelings.



But how about others who have the habit of telling you what to do?



Let me quote my previous blog:



"Another subtype of this first group is the "Smart Aleck". They will tell you what to do and they love to brag about their opinions. What the heck! Let them believe that they know everything. Let them be like clanging cymbals though I really can't relate with them. For I have learned that the only thing I know in this life is that I know nothing." (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150174304179452)



So, you may think that you are wiser than me. That's okay. That is a valid feeling.



But do you think that it is wiser to give your pieces of advice only if you were asked?



Mmm...



Just wondering.

No comments: